Repair Services Terms & Conditions
These Conditions apply to the Repair Services We provide and by ordering the Services, You agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
The Services are only available to UK residents over 16 years of age.
"Accessories" means any items that can be used with the Device, such as headsets, chargers and batteries.
"Beyond Economical Repair" means when the estimated cost of repairing the Device exceeds the cost of replacing it.
"Device / Equipment" means the items in relation to which You order the Services.
"In Warranty" means within the warranty period, geographic location or scope of conditions as outlined in the manufacturer's warranty.
"Out of Warranty" means out of the warranty period, geographic location or scope of conditions as outlined in the manufacturer’s Warranty.
"Parties" means 8 mobile Ltd and the Customer and "Party" means either of them.
"Repair(s) / Repair(s) Service(s) / Service(s)" means the services You order under the Terms of these Conditions.
"Terms and Conditions / Terms / Conditions / Agreement" means these Terms and Conditions.
"Us / Our / We" means "8 mobile ltd".
"You / Your / Customer(s)" means an authorised user of the Services.
"Warranty" means a written guarantee, issued to the purchaser of an article by its manufacturer, promising to repair or replace it if necessary within a specified period of time.
- 1. Warranty periods
- 1.1. Manufacturer Device Warranties are normally 24 months from Customer's proof of purchase date.
- 1.2. Warranties for Accessories vary depending on type of accessory and manufacturer.
- 1.3. Please see manufacturer's Warranty for full details.
- 2. Procedure
- 2.1. Customer books-in Devices for Repair in advance, on-line at 8mobile.com/repairs.
- 2.2. You will receive an order number.
- 2.3. Customer sends or delivers Device(s) to 8 mobile at their own cost.
- 2.4. On arrival, the Device is logged and visually inspected. We check the Warranty information against the manufacturer’s database.
- 2.5. In some circumstances We may return the phone back to You without Repair such as if We identify the Device as Out of Warranty for a physical reason (Point 7.1).
- 2.6. If the Device passes the visual inspection, it will then be assigned to an engineer. The Device is checked by the engineer and:
- 2.6.1. If the Device is In Warranty, the Repair will be carried out and sent back to You, free of charge.
- 2.6.2. If the Device is Out of Warranty and Services are therefore chargeable, We will provide You with a quote and await Your further instructions. We will not Repair the Device without Your confirmation.
- 184.108.40.206. If You confirm You would like Us to continue with the Services, We will complete the Repairs and then contact You for payment before sending the Device back to You.
- 220.127.116.11.1. If We find any further faults during the Repair process that may also be chargeable and that we could not have foreseen, We will inform You of this and await your re-authorisation to continue.
- 18.104.22.168.2. If We attempt to Repair Your Device and find that it is Beyond Economical Repair or non-repairable, We will return Your phone to You unrepaired and without charge.
- 22.214.171.124. If You choose not to go ahead with the Repair after being quoted, We will send You back Your Device without Repair or charge.
- 2.7. Devices are subject to full quality tests after Repairs are completed.
- 3. Delivery Charges & Postage
- 3.1. Each party to pay for their own costs in relation to postage or delivery for both In Warranty and Out of Warranty Repairs.
- 4. Damage in Transit
- 4.1. If You are sending Your Equipment to Us, You are responsible for ensuring that it arrives safely. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Equipment in transit to Us. We therefore recommend that You adequately package the Equipment to avoid damage to it and arrange insurance to the value of Your Device.
- 4.2. When We send Your Equipment back to You, if there is any damage to the Device, please save the packaging and contact Us within 24 hours.
- 5. Quotation
- 5.1. The Repair price quoted to You is based on the information You provide Us and therefore an estimate only. If Your unit has other faults or if the information provided was inaccurate, the price to Repair the Device may be higher than the estimated price. In this case, You will be contacted to authorise a new Repair quotation.
- 6. Proof of Manufacturer Warranty
- 6.1. We may require proof of purchase to confirm Your Warranty, in which case We will contact You.
- 7. Out of Warranty
- 7.1. Devices may be deemed Out of Warranty for any of the following reasons (this is not an exhaustive list):
Physical Device Features
- 7.1.1. Liquid damage
- 7.1.2. Physical damage
- 7.1.3. Any dismantling, repairs or modifications not authorised by the manufacturer, including the use of copy or non-original parts
- 7.1.4. Device is not in one piece or parts are falling off
- 7.1.5. Defaced or removed IMEI or serial numbers
- 7.1.6. IMEI mismatch (IMEI stored internally on Device does not match external IMEI printed on label of Device)
- 7.1.7. Device is not covered by manufacturer warranty as outlined by the manufacturer
- 7.1.8. Device is not within warranty period as specified by manufacturer
- 7.1.9. Device is outside of warranty region of EU as detailed by the manufacturer
- 8. Escalation of Repairs & Device Swaps
- 8.1. We are able to fix the majority of repairs, however there may be occasions where Your Repair requires escalation and We may need to send it to the manufacturer’s main Repair hub.
- 8.1.1. This may extend the time taken to complete the Repair by 5 working days, however this is not guaranteed and it may take longer.
- 8.1.2. If Your Device still can not be repaired, the manufacturer may swap the Device for You.
- 126.96.36.199. As a result, Your IMEI is likely to change. We recommend that You update Your insurance company with any new details as We can not take responsibility for any loss arising as a result.
- 9. Accessories and Data
- 9.1. We advise You to remove any SIM card, battery, memory card or other Accessories prior to sending Us the Device unless We have specifically requested them. We cannot take responsibility for any damage or loss resulting.
- 9.2. We may have to upgrade the Device’s software and reset the manufacturer’s factory/default settings in order to complete the Repair, which may delete Your data or settings. You should back up any important data in advance of sending Us the Device as We are not able to accept any responsibility for loss of data.
- 9.3. Mobile phones which have been unlocked for use on all networks may become locked again on resetting manufacturer’s factory/default settings, or where a Device has been swapped in the case of In Warranty Devices that could not be repaired (Point 8.1.2). We will not be held responsible for paying any fees to Your network to unlock the Device subsequently.
- 10. Warranty of Our Repairs
- 10.1. In Warranty Repairs
- For Devices repaired or swapped within the manufacturer’s Warranty period, no further warranties or guarantees will be issued or existing ones extended. The historical expiry date of the Warranty will remain unchanged.
- 10.2. Out of Warranty Repairs
- For repairs carried out to Out of Warranty Devices, (a chargeable Service), We will provide a Warranty as follows:
- 10.2.1. We warrant that all repairs undertaken by Us Out of Warranty, will be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 30 days starting on the date of return of the Equipment to You after completion of the Repairs Services, such warrant to be void if the Device has been re-opened or tampered with in any way.
- 10.2.1.1. The Warranty applies only to the parts repaired and/or Service carried out.
- 10.2.1.2. The Warranty does not apply to damage resulting from normal wear and tear, accident, abnormal use, use otherwise than recommended by the manufacturer, misuse, abuse, wilful neglect or liquid/water damage or any alteration or Repair carried out without Our approval.
- 10.2.1.3. We will attempt to Repair Your unit twice after the initial Repair. If afterwards, the unit is still faulty, We will issue a refund. Postage fee not included. We will need to check the unit prior to issuing a refund.
- Please note: We will only re-Repair under Our 30 day Warranty if the Device has malfunctioned due to no fault of Your own.
- 11. Provision of Service
- 11.1. We shall make all reasonable efforts to Repair Your Equipment subject to the availability of any parts required and/or the terms of any relevant guarantee or warranty. We shall perform the Services using Our reasonable care and skill.
- 11.2. We endeavour to complete Repairs between 2 to 5 days and We will do Our best to complete Repairs within this time frame. However, these are estimates only and delays may occur for reasons outside of Our control, such as: parts availability. We will always keep You informed, however, We are not liable for any such delays.
- 11.3. If the Repairs are likely to take longer than We estimated from our initial assessment, We will let You know. If there are likely to be any further charges of any kind, We will also let You know before continuing Our Service.
- 11.4. Whilst Our Repair Service is carried out to Our best possible standard, on some occasions, the condition of a Device cannot be returned to its’ factory state.
- 11.5. We cannot guarantee that We will always be able to Repair Your phone. In this case, We will refund You any money paid to Us in respect to those repairs.
- 12. Right of Cancellation
- 12.1. If You ordered the Repair Services online, You may cancel Your order at any time within 7 working days from the day after placing Your order without incurring any liability to Us. However You may not cancel the Repair Services once We have started to provide any part of the Repair Services to You with Your agreement.
- 13. Price & Payment
- 13.1. Prices quoted are all Ex VAT.
- 13.2. If You fail to make payment on the due date then, without prejudice to any other right or remedy We may have, We will be able to do one or more of the following:
- 13.2.1. Cancel this Agreement between You and Us; and/or
- 13.2.2. Charge You interest (before and after any judgement) on the amount unpaid, at the rate of 2% per calendar month until payment is made in full (a part of the month being treated as a full month for the purpose of calculating interest): and/or
- 13.2.3. Sell all or some of Your Equipment to recover the unpaid amounts. All Devices after they are either fixed, declared Beyond Economical Repair or require a re-quote, will be held for 90 days maximum. We will make reasonable attempts to contact You by phone and e-mail a minimum of 3 times. If no payment is received within 90 days, the Device will be sold to recover the costs of Repairs and time taken to sell the Device.
- 13.3. Payment methods other than cash are subject to validation checks and authorisation and We will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery caused by any such failed checks or authorisation.
- 14. Third Parties
- 14.1. Nobody but You and Us can benefit from this Agreement under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 15. Other Restrictions
- 15.1. We reserve the right to refuse to provide, or continue to provide the Repair Service, if the Equipment is in Our reasonable opinion, Beyond Economical Repair; or there is damage, whether caused by You or a person authorised, or unauthorised to use Your Device; or where there is liquid damage.
- 15.2. We reserve the right to cancel Your account at any time for any or no reason.
- 15.3. These Terms of Service may be updated by Us from time to time without notice to You.
- 15.4. These Terms and Conditions will be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising from this contract.
- 16. Opening Times
- 16.1. Our opening hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. We are closed on weekends and bank holidays.
- 17. Your Personal Information (Privacy and Data Protection)
- 17.1. We may hold Your personal information in order for Us to provide or improve Our services to You.
- 17.2. Your data may also be shared with Samsung as part of Our Repair reporting process.
- 17.3. We know Your personal information is important to You. We will ensure that Your details are stored securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 17.4. Please remember that by sending Your phone to Us, You agree to release Us from all and any claims, losses or damages with respect to the phone, any data stored or contained therein or on any media used in conjunction with the phone (whether in the form of personal details, SMS, photos, games, songs or other data). We accept no responsibility in relation to the security, protection, confidentiality or use of such data and it is Your responsibility to ensure that such data is removed from the phone prior to You sending it to Us.
- 17.5. By providing Us with Your personal data, You consent to the collection and use of any information You provide in accordance with the above purposes.
- 18. Complaints
- 18.1. We hope You will never have a reason to complain, however if the Service ever falls short of what You expected, We would want You to tell Us so that We can put it right.
- You can do this in either of the following ways:
- 18.1.1. You can call Us on 01582 507 104
- 18.1.2. Visit repairs.8mobile.com/contact-us
- 18.1.3. Write to Us at:
8 mobile Ltd
8 Premier Business Park
- 19. Limitations of Liability
- 19.1. We shall not be liable where We are unable (using reasonable effort) to provide the Repair Services as a result of any event outside Our reasonable control.
- 19.2. We are not liable in any event for losses or damage caused to any business of a Customer, such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
- 19.3. If, through Our negligence or wilful misconduct, We damage the Equipment Beyond Economical Repair, Our liability will be limited to the cost of providing a replacement with a product that is the same as or similar to the Equipment.
- 19.4. We shall not be liable for any claim arising under this Agreement unless You give Us written notice of the claim within three 3 months of becoming aware of the circumstances giving rise to the claim or, if earlier, three 3 months from the time You ought reasonably to have become aware of such circumstances.
- 19.5. Nothing in this Agreement shall apply so as to limit or exclude either Parties’ liability for: (a) death or personal injury resulting from its negligence; (b) breach of any terms implied by statute; (c) any claim arising under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or (d) fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 19.6. Nothing in this Agreement will exclude or restrict the liability of either You or Us for any liability that can’t be excluded or restricted by law.
- 19.7. If any part of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable it will be severed from the rest of this Agreement so that it is effective to the extent that it shall not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its Terms.
- 20. Force Majeure
- 20.1. Neither of the Parties shall be liable to any other for any delay or non-performance of its obligations arising from any cause or causes beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, armed hostilities, act of terrorism or revolution, fires and floods or explosions.